Finally, women’s issues are taking center stage in the election debate across the country, and especially here in New York. While the NYS Women’s Equality Act would significantly expand women’s rights, achieving economic equality is the next challenge – and opportunity – ahead.
Now is the time to ask! That’s why the NYS PowHER Network created the #POWHERLIST Campaign to spotlight the need for increased economic opportunity and fairness, and to focus on solutions.
Our #POWHERLIST proposes a dozen key issues that must be addressed to create economic equality. We know there are much more and are asking YOU, New York leaders and experts: “What’s on Your POWHERList? And, every Wednesday until Election Day we will talk about the answers!
Be part of NYS PowHER *Network’s Women’s Equality Wednesdays!
1. Google Hangout: Wednesday – 09/10/2014 at 1:00 p.m.
Featuring national activist, author Ellen Bravo of Family Values @ Work and Ana Oliveira, President, NY Women’s Foundation, moderated by Beverly Neufeld of NYS PowHER.
2. Tweet on Wednesday: Tell us what’s on YOUR #POWHERList using @NYSPowHER #POWHERList
•LIVE @ 1PM @NYSPowher @FmlyValuesWork @NYWomensFdn talk #equalpay in election http://bit.ly/RaisetheVolumeLive #POWHERList
• ATTN #NYWomen: Have you heard about the #POWHERList? ow.ly/i/6LiMk Learn more: bit.ly/POWHERlisthub
• The #POWHERLIST proposes a dozen issues that must be addressed to create economic equality. Check it out: bit.ly/MyPOWHERList
3. Share Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/624715767647570/
4. Join the NYS PowHER Network! Individuals and organizations are welcome! Get campaign updates. Become a PowHER Source!
*NYS PowHER thanks its Partners and Friends including: A Better Balance, AAUW-NYS, Change Create Transform Foundation, Collaboration for Construction Women, Domestic Workers United, Enterprising and Professional Women NYC, Equal Pay Coalition NYC, Equal Rights Advocates, Inclusion Strategies, Lean In NY, National Association of Female Executives, New York Civil Liberties Union, New York Women’s Foundation, NYS Paid Leave Coalition, ROC-NY, Take the Lead, Women’s City Club of New York, YWCA of NYS. JOIN our growing network!
NYS PowHER is an inclusive statewide network committed to securing economic equality for all New York women. NYS power’s collaborative actions will attain POWER: Poverty Solutions, Opportunity and Access, Workplace Fairness, Healthier Lives, Equal Pay, and Representation at all Tables. www.NYSPowHER.org @NYSPowHER email@example.com
NYS PowHER is a non-partisan, non-profit project.